It’s no secret that downtown Fargo brings thousands of people downtown every day, and having access to free WiFi will make that visit even better. With unique restaurants, brewpubs and shops, visitors come downtown to meet friends, find one-of-a-kind gifts and enjoy the historic character that defines the town.
Here are five things you need to know about the free WiFi available while visiting downtown Fargo:
1. In mid-December, Midco unveiled free Wi-Fi in downtown Fargo. It’s totally free to use and features Midco’s Xstream WiFi speeds. The highly secure WiFi was installed with cooperation from the Downtown Community Partnership and the City of Fargo.
2. There are 11 connectivity points along Broadway and Roberts Alley from 4th Avenue to Main Avenue. That means you can access free WiFi all the way from Babb’s Coffee on Main Ave. to Spicy Pie at the corner of Broadway & 4th Street N. In the summer, you’ll have free WiFi while attending the Red River Market.
3. Midco worked with the City of Fargo to place two of the access points on traffic signals. The coverage means that you can stay on free WiFi throughout the main business corridor. During major downtown events like the Street Fair in July, Midco says it will allocate more bandwidth to accommodate the increased traffic.
4. Bringing free, seamless connectivity to Fargo’s bustling core was important to Midco because a connected experience is a key to economic growth. Downtown Fargo is the home to many businesses and start-ups. Providing visitors free WiFi is an enhanced incentive to locate downtown.
5. To access the free WiFi, look for the ‘MidcoXstream’ network.