New Year’s Eve in downtown Fargo-Moorhead provides options for any taste or budget. From 5-star dining to live music, downtown is the place to be to ring in 2016!
Here’s a list of some of the dinner highlights. Check back for party options later in the week.
Mezzaluna is a popular spot, no matter the occasion. They’ll be serving dinner from 4 pm through midnight. They will also be serving their regular menu and their popular Happy Hour menu in the Alleyway Bar will available at the regular times – from 4-6 pm and 9-11 pm.
The Chef’s Celebration Specials will include:
- Oysters on the 1/2 Shell
- Buratta appetizer
- Brandied Crab Bisque
- Bacon wrapped Sirloin Oscar
- Chilean Sea Bas & Main Lobster Duet
Call (701) 364-9479 for reservations.
Monte’s will get a new name and menu in 2016, so this is your last chance to celebrate at one of downtown Fargo’s lankmark fine dining restaurants.
Their 5-course dinner will feature:
- Seafood Bisque -or- Mushroom Marsala Soup
- Greek Salad -or- Red Pepper Caesar with Shaved Manchego and Avocado Croutons
- Prickly Pear Sorbey
- Blood Orange Glazed Duck Breast with Bacon Braised Brussel Sprouts and Garlic Jasmine Rice -or- Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Asparagus, Wild Truffle Cream Sauce, and Parmigiano Reggiano -or- Mini Prime Rib with Three Cheese Bread Pudding, Red Wine Sauce, Bernaise, and Asparagus -or- Miso Glazed Salmon with Stir Fried Vegetables and Garlic Jasmine Rice
- Chocolate Mousse Martini or Rum Raisin Bread Pudding with Hot Foster’s Sauce and Banana Gelato.
Make your reservation online through Eventbrite.
Chef Eric Watson’s newest destination restaurant has quickly become a favorite of Moorhead downtowners (or uptown, according to Mayor Del Rae). If you haven’t had a chance to try out their menu, start the New Year on and adventure.
Doors open for dinner and Happy Hour at 4 pm and they will continue serving until midnight. Their regular menu and their delicious $5 Happy Hour pizzas will be available. Happy Hour is from 4-6 pm and again from 9-11 pm.
Rustica’s Chef’s Celebration Specials will include:
- Scallop Bisque
- Oysters on the 1/2 shell
- Chilean Sea Bass
- Espresso Chocolate Bread Pudding with housemade maple hazelnut ice cream and warm brandy sauce
Reservations can be made at (218) 227-5388.
The HoDo Restaurant at the Hotel Donaldson offers a five course dinner that ends with a pop of the champagne bottle at midnight. The dinner is available with optional wine pairings.
The meal includes:
- Lobster bisque or Fire-roasted tomato bisque
- Harvest salad or Roasted pear salad
- Chicken hearts, Seared scollps or Mushroom risotto
- Grilled sockeye salmon, Pan-seared duck breast or Orecchiette pasta
- Pink peppercorn pavolva, Organic oatmeal cake or Chocolate panna cotta cakes
For reservations for seatings at 6-11 pm in the Restaurant & 6-7:30 pm in the Lounge call (701) 478-8888. They’ll also feature live music from local band O’Fosho at 9:30 pm in the Lounge, $5 Cover.