- This event has passed.
Stay Cool: Yoga & Ayurveda for Summer
May 31 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Through both the science and practice of Ayurveda and Yoga, we have the capacity to keep our body, minds, and spirits in balance despite the ever changing atmosphere we move and breathe in. Ayurveda means “knowing of life”; it is also sometimes referred to as “the science of life,” and through its teachings, you come to know how to best treat your body, mind, and spirit regardless of the situation, season, or stage of life you find yourself in. Specifically, this workshop will give you tools for how to keep yourself calm, cool, and collected during the intense heat of the summer, or Pitta season as it is referred to in Ayurveda. The combination of Yoga and Ayurveda is similar to that of peanut butter and jelly if you will; you can’t really have one without the other. So here, we will explore the combination in order to better equipt our whole beings to deal with the seasonal shifts.
You will learn:
1. Cooling pranayama practice(s)
2. Soothing asanas
3. Ayurvedic definitions and terms surrounding the seasons, and specifically the characteristics of summer.
4. How to structure your diet; including a light Ayurvedic meal to enjoy during the workshop as an example for what you might eat during the summer months
5. How and when to rise and sleep
6. How to take care of your skin and specific hygiene practices
And more…if you can believe it!
This workshops is open to all; no experience or knowledge of yoga or ayurveda is required.
The #1 Fargo, Moorhead, and West Fargo Events & Entertainment Guide! Find the best things to do in Fargo including concerts, movies, sports, live music, classes, art, breweries, shows, dancing, comedy, theater, karaoke, trivia, and more.