Dawn Quigley, Ph.D. and citizen of the Turtle Mountain Band of Ojibwe, ND, is an assistant professor of Education at St. Catherine University.
• She has written a number of children’s books, such as the coming-of-age young adult novel, “Apple in the Middle” (NDSU Press), the chapter book series “Jo Jo Makoons: The Used to Be Best Friend” (book 1), and “Native American Heroes” (Scholastic Books).
• Quigley will discuss her books, writing, and her work to amplify Native voices in literature and education.
• This event is free and open to the public.
• Books will be available for purchase. For details, contact Lori West at 701.476.5977.
• This event is part of the NEA Big Read event series and is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest.
NOTICE:All events are subject to change. Fargo Underground is not responsible for the events posted. The hosts reserve the right to make any changes whatsoever in the event owing to any unforeseen or unavoidable cause; or to cancel the event for any reason beyond their control without notice. Always confirm the event before attending.